Thursday 19 November 2009

Original Concepts (I dug these out)

Here's my original Breadbeard, there was a lot more of a whimsical art style going on. I liked the look but I thought Breadbeard needed to be bigger built and more confident.
Here's the original Walker. With this one I went for a comic book style (sort of like the Hulk).
I thought this Walker looked too monstrous and scary, not funny. Plus muscles are hard to make work in Maya!
Here we can see my second attempt and Walker and my first attempt at Patches. Patches had a little bit more of a mean personality and Walker was more dumb. I really did not like this so I scrapped it.


Here was my third attempt at Walker (I consider him the hardest to get right). He we see his more snooty side. However, he is a bit more realistically proportioned, I eventually played around with him more and based him off of a flamingo.




Finally here is my second attempt at Breadbeard. Much more confident and aggressive. I based his look of combining a bear and a star fish. I went for a more angular style, as i though it would be easier to recreate in the computer.



No comments:

Post a Comment